The Chawton House Library Series, published in participation with Pickering & Chatto makes many of the rare books in the collection available as new scholarly editions.
The series is organised into three areas: Women’s Memoirs, Women’s Travel Writings and Women’s Novels. The Memoirs and Travel Writings are multi-volume editions with full texts reproduced in facsimile with new scholarly apparatus. The texts have been carefully selected to illustrate various themes in women’s history.
In addition the Chawton House Library Series will include reset editions of rare and important novels by women authors, complete with extensive introductory matter and endnotes.
- All texts are republished in full
- Selected for their rarity, the texts are drawn from Chawton House’s unparalleled collection
- Most of the texts included have never before been republished
- Each set in the series includes a substantial general introduction, headnotes, endnotes and a consolidated index in their final volume
- Each facsimile page is digitally cleaned and enhanced, significantly improving on the quality and legibility of the original.
Pickering & Chatto invite submissions from established scholars and first-time authors alike. Prospective authors should send a detailed proposal with a rationale, chapter outlines and at least two sample chapters alongside a brief author’s biography and an anticipated submission date.
Please contact Mark Pollard, Publishing Director for a preliminary review. There are more details at http://www.pickeringchatto.com/series/73-chawton-house-library