Home › Forums › Reading Group › March 2021: Maria Edgeworth, Letters for Literary Ladies (1795)
– What are the main strands of argument here? What ideas are being thought through (e.g. tradition vs. modernity, philosophy vs. enthusiasm). What do you make of the style of argument?
– What sort of class values can you find in this text?
– There are lots of voices in this text. Where do you think Maria Edgeworth’s is? Where are her own sympathies?
– How does this compare to other texts about women’s education you’ve read from this time period? How radical would you say it is?
– What do we learn from this text about:
Mail (will not be published) (required):
Enter the destination URL
Or link to existing content