Thank you for your interest in working at Chawton House.
We currently have the following vacancy:
Cook/Kitchen Assistant (Old Kitchen Tearoom)
Part-time: 2 days a week, 9.30am-4.30pm (exact days TBC)
The Old Kitchen Tearoom is a vital part of Chawton House, and we welcome visitors throughout the year for teas, coffees, cakes and light lunches, as well as offering catering for special events. We are looking for someone with kitchen experience to join our busy Tearoom environment.
Duties to include:
- Food preparation
- Some customer service
- Stock control and managing deliveries
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good understanding of food hygiene – Level 2 Food safety certificate is preferable, or a willingness to undertake training to achieve it
- Ability to work well in a small team – good communication, willingness to learn, punctual and reliable
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- A friendly manner and ability to offer good customer service
Benefits: Employee discount
Schedule: Will include weekend working, as well as some special events where required.
Please contact Carol Smith, Tea Room Manager with a CV to apply.
Alternatively, have you considered becoming a volunteer?