Sunday 19th July 2020
Venue: Chawton House
Sunday 19 July 2020, 11am-3pm
Tickets: Fair entry, £4. Joint Fair/Garden entry, £9
Book before the end of June to receive an early bird ticket, allowing entry from 11am!
After much deliberation, and armed with a list of healthy & safety measures, we have taken the decision to go ahead with this year’s Plant Fairs Roadshow – scheduled for a third time on the grounds of Chawton House.
Visitors will be able to view a collection of leading nurseries offering a wide range of bulbs, perennials, herbs shrubs and trees. With specialist nurseries attending, there’s something for everyone.
Hosted by Plant Fairs Roadshow, their ‘Plant Doctor’ will be offering free consultations and a personal shopping service to help diagnose your horticultural ailments and provide prescriptions for a beautiful garden!
Visitor Safety Notice
Following latest government guidelines, we have put in place the following measures to ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers at this year’s event.
- The roadshow this year will be located on Church Meadow (the field just south of St Nicholas Church), rather than inside the Chawton House gardens. This is to allow more space around the stalls and separate entry and exit points.
- Stalls will be laid out with plenty of space between them, visitors are asked to maintain a 2-metre distance from people outside of their household, and to respect the space of stallholders and staff.
- The entrance will be located at the gate next to the Church, the exit will be the gate by the barn (at the south-eastern side of the field). Both will be clearly signed and stewards will be there to guide you.
- Parking will be located in the dead-end car park (drive all the way through the village, past the entrance to Chawton House).
- Tickets will be pre-booked to allow for better planning of numbers, and to reduce contact with staff at the gates. Please follow the link to book, no need to print anything out – we will have a guest-list so all we will need is your name.
- Takeaway refreshments will be available for purchase from the Old Kitchen Tearoom, these can be pre-booked for collection at the Plant Fair entrance. Details to follow.
Please note: Chawton House annual tickets, neighbour passes, Gardener’s World and Art Fund passes will not be valid for entry on this day.